Schedule for the Butterfly Effect Israel- EILAT
Saturday, October 3rd 2009
P.S.: It is recommended to have your own carpool system (gear + transportation) organized for October 3rd, Saturday.
DOWNWINDER-Saturday, October 3rd 2009
9:00 AM – All participates meet at North Beach “MIFRATZ ASHEMESHE- Sun bay” for LAST sign up (even if you’re going to launch from area of Palms Beach_ open beach, more wind easier for kitesurf/windsurf_ or just being part of the SUP Clinic at South Beach still meet at “Moadon Ashai” first)
9:15 AM- Explanation rules (recommended to read before) about down winder and significance of flag system.
- Specifications from Eilat: ANY WAY EVERYONE MEETS AT 9AM at “MIFRATZ ASHEMESHE- Sun bay”!
1) KITESURFERS can not have a break, so be aware from the distance and your abilities! Launch from “MIFRATZ ASHEMESHE- Sun bay”.
2) WINDSURFERS: Wave/freestyle/Slalom gears can launch from “MIFRATZ ASHEMESHE- Sun bay” or “Palm Beach”.
3) SUP paddles SHOULD launch from area of “Palm Beach.
- Down winder general rules:
• Have your group of 5 “butterflies” of the same sport ready, signed in, and rigged with rash guards and leis(please try to make up your group with different levels, make sure you have one “butterfly” in the group who is experienced with down winders and she will be the leader);
• The group will need to stick together the entire way. It is not a competition! You should wait for the slowest group member and follow her down as one. This gathering is designed to encourage women and support one another. Remember to respect your limits and if you are tired tell to the lead of your group and make your group plan to safety. Safety includes “angels”, Jet Ski, beach or boat.
• “Butterflies Angels” will be the men who will show the way and protect us behind.
• Sequence of water sports group launching from North Beach and Palms Beach: 1st group-KITE, 2nd group-WINDSURF/ 3rd group –SUP and Paddle boards
• ENJOY YOUR WAY DOWN, BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND TO CONTINUE DOWNWIND.
• When all “butterflies” arrive at South Beach “Surf House spot”, we are going to make a final stretch, photo, speech and announcement about ending ceremony at “Surf House spot”/raffle at midnight.
-Significance of flag system:
• Green Flag- time to launch;
• Yellow Flag- Attention / listen;
• Blue Flag- Look at the camera :), smile!
• Pink Flag- Gathering all butterflies for group photos!!!
9:30 AM- Warm-up/ Streeching by Talia Hackam (Iyengar Yoga Practinioner)
10:00 AM- Group photo and 1st group launch from North Beach
11:30 AM- Palm Beach: photos and meet up with the 2nd group
12:00 PM – Leave Palm Beach and continue down-winder to South Beach
2:00 PM- Arrive at South Beach and wait for the ending ceremony at Surf House
3:00 PM- Paddle Board for beginners Clinic at South beach directed by Juliana Shelef
4:00 PM – Ending Ceremony with Pupus and Drinks at Surf House.
*PLEASE SEND A COMPLETE FORM BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org. Print tours and bring it with your SIGNATURE at day of event!
Name of the Sport:__________________________________________
Sport Status :
Did you have any experience with a downwinder before? Yes No
How long you practice the sport?________________________
Anything you hope to practice/ accomplish during the Coast Run? (windsurfing example:Jibes, fowards, wave riding etc.) ____________________________________________________________
We are planning to meet at Sun Bay at 9AM. The downwinder start will be at 10am and from there we will be riding down wind to South Beach- Surf House, STOPPING IN THE WAY AT Palms Beach area FOR 30MIN. If you can’t make it from North Beach for the start, don’t worry you can meet us at PALM BEACH down the coast and join right in! It is all about having fun and there is no contest or racing involved. The Goal is to enjoy the day safely, supporting each other and meet new friends!
P.S.: This is not an event. Its for FUN! You take your own responsibility for yourself.
IF IN DOUBT, DON’T GO OUT!
I_______________________decide to be part of “Butterfly Effect ”, gathering to promote women in water sport, and I take the risk belong to this great adventure.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US;
Juliana- 050-5867752,email@example.com or Eyal- 054- 4420471 firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized by: Juliana Shelef and Eyal Shelef.
Sponsor by: SURF HOUSE, DAKINE, Trade Winds, Focus surfboard, Quatro, Galim surf school, Naish and HotSailsMaui.